Or Bereishit

Or Bereishit
<< previous page | Contents | next page >>

at the end of living

or in the beginning

I leave in warning

this love letter to

          the violence of a hammer:

          come and see

          our cautionary tale

          resurrected and risen from the cave

          in our violence and our wars

          through the desert of inhumanity

          to the distant stars or very far

          there is a love we crave

          to conquer your every scar

there is a love so high

that fills us deep below

to conquer your every blow

it fills all who

10

will not raise you

in anger or act in manner

to the violence of a hammer

this we know

and yet still we raise it,

as though it's the only

thing to do

and to all who read this

I simply ask of you

not to be sad about what I write

be sad that it's all true

Published 8 May, 2026

In Human Excavation >>